Macally Macbook Protection Shell Review



I like preserving large purchases such as my recent acquisition of an Apple Macbook. While the Laptop is sturdy and durable I don't like the idea of the outside getting scratched or dinged from general use.

I bought a Macally Protection Shell from Amazon. I give it a five out of five for being what I expected. It's a hard, two piece case that snaps onto the outside of the Macbook. The leather finish looks excellent as well as durable. One thing I would not do is expose it to anything sharp that could cut the leather.

The bottom piece is molded so that all the ports and fans are unobstructed. Everything is very easy to access.

I have been monitoring the temperature of my Macbook with iStat and have not noticed a significant increase in heat.

The case does increase the thickness of the Macbook by half and inch and ups the weight half a pound. It really isn't that noticeable and makes me feel much better.

The case looks excellent. The black leather finish is an eye catcher and can protect your Macbook from scratches and small falls.

I purchased mine at Amazon in the New and Used section for $20.10. I consider it a great deal for the exemplary protection it provides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You didn't mention about shipping and handling. People will appreciate if you mention the price what you had to pay total.

I know it's old entry but hope you still can see comments.

Thanks.
d

Anonymous said...

I just bought this case new on Amazon: 24.99 for the new case + 5.58 shipping and handling
so 30.57 in total

a

Post a Comment