Buffalo 500 GB External Hard Drive Review HD-HS500U2

Cheap and quality don't go in the same sentence. You don't say "I love the cheap quality of this external hard drive." You just don't do it. Except if you have a Buffalo 500 GB External Hard Drive. Then you would say "I love the cheapness of this quality hard drive." Smiling of course.

Simply put it is great value for money. The build quality is good, the USB speed it good, the ease of use is spectacular. All I did was plug it in and my set up a backup plan and my HD was busy making babies of all my files.

This is also a great external hard drive for a server or your network. It's not that great if you store all your digital backups in your bedroom. Why?

Cause it's loud. Don't buy this hard drive if you sleep on, next to, parallel, or divergent to your computer. If your computer decides it wants a new "it" and starts backing up your are sure to wake up with two thoughts running through your head. "Where is my hammer and where is my computer?" Not really safe if your know what I mean. The fan is ok but when the drive makes that loud clicking noise as it writes data it can drive you up a wall.

Once the initial backup is done and you only periodically have to put stuff on the drive it becomes significantly less annoying.

Despite the noise I like my hard drive. It backs my computer up by itself, it was cheap, it works with both Mac and Windows, and I didn't have to do any trouble shooting.

It just worked.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

"when the drive makes that loud clicking noise as it writes data it can drive you up a wall." - Just to let you know; THAT ISNT NORMAL! That is a faulty hard-drive. HDD's are not designed to click and if you do hear that send it back because its not far from failing.

Anonymous said...

Its kinda normal. I have one at home and another at the office and both makes the same irritating noise when writing data.

Post a Comment